Saturday, November 6, 2010

Fly Cafe












Fly on the wall.   Incognito.  On the fly.  Being invisible is good sometimes.  Afterall, Fly Café serves a purpose; to get my blog posts done but with super slow internet connection it can take up to an hour to load photos.  With my nationality not obvious the English speaking men are not discrete of their conversations, or perhaps the intent to let everyone know of their activities.

my perch


It’s not a busy place during the morning hours, though I have a suspicion that the expats find it a good place to hang out for English/American fare.  I must admit, I’ve had many meals at this place; since unfortunately, the traditional Balinese spice combination results in stomach cramping for me. They do have good ribs.

tofu with peanut sauce and Balinese vegetables

spinach schnitzel...just like it says on the menu. hmm.

















The latte was pretty good.


What’s great is that I can power up both the iPad and MacBook simultaneously ~ one sending email photos stored until wifi access is available and the other I can Skype with my siblings then post to the blog



The owner is a 60+ man who apparently married a 16-year old Indonesian girl who has since left him for a younger man; perhaps he's on the hunt again.  His buddies are perhaps around the same lecherous age so I guess that’s why the waitresses all look to be about the same build, age and innocence.  Some conversations are around fish net stockings, partying and hangovers.  Great.

Enjoy the open air, watching the school kids walking by, and women carrying more things on their heads!   Had the burger which was different in flavor though acceptable, the guacamole was predominantly oniony.  Still think their ribs and chicken curry are the best items.


guacamole and pita bread




more school kids in uniforms

what's she carrying?
feed for the cow, of course!


No comments:

Post a Comment